Glastonbury is located in Somerset, England and notable for its small-town charm, rich history and captivating legends. The town is the site of the first English Christian church established in the 1st century A.D. by Joseph of Arimathea. Excavations and old chronicles reveal the existence of a Celtic monastery dating back to around the 4th century. An abbey was founded in the 7th century and between 1120 and 1172 the old buildings of the monastery were replaced. These were destroyed by a fire a few years later and King Henry II ordered the building of a larger abbey and church. The ruins still remain. Many believe that King Arthur is buried there. A minibus in Glastonbury will allow you to relax while enjoying the scenic views.
The culture is a mixture of new-age and bohemian. The leading industries in Glastonbury include tanning and the manufacture of leather goods such as boots and tiles. The region is also known for its delicious cider and cheeses. The town is home to many quaint shops, restaurants and atmospheric pubs. The weekly County Market features homemade foods and crafts. A Glastonbury minibus hire is a great way to tour the town’s many attractions.
Must See Landmarks
- Glastonbury Tor is considered one of the most spiritual sites in England. It offers breathtaking views of Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire and Wales. Visitors can meander through the apple orchards at the bottom of the Tor.
- Glastonbury Abbey is the ancient ruins of a monastery. Costumed guides give tours explaining medieval life from March until October. It is the site of many events such as the Medieval Food Fair, presentations on the life of Christ, concerts and stone carving. The site includes 36 acres of park land and legends claim it is the burial place of King Arthur. The museum on site houses many preserved items from the abbey as well as a model. Children’s activities are also provided. A gift shop sells historical and religious books, Celtic jewelry and other gifts
- The Chalice Well is ancient well and is considered to be a sacred place. It is surrounded by beautiful gardens and orchards. Events are scheduled periodically and include meditation, music and poetry.
- Glastonbury is home to many exciting events. A minibus hire with driver is the perfect way to travel in comfort to the town’s numerous events.
- The Glastonbury Festival is an annual music festival featuring contemporary performing artists. This year’s event takes place from Wednesday, June 25th through Sunday, June 29th. Major artists will include Robert Plant, Metallica and the Black Keys.
- he Goddess Conference is a transformational spiritual and bodily experience that takes place for six days each July. It features a sacred ceremony, presentations, workshops and performances. A minibus company Glastonbury can provide transportation during the entire six day event.
- Apple day is held annually in October at the Chalice Well Gardens. It is a family event that includes stories, picking apples and plenty of fresh apple juice. A Halloween Festival also takes place each year at Chalice Well on October 31st. It begins with searching for gifts in the gardens before the annual ceremony.
- Glastonbury Carnival takes place on November 15th in the Town Centre. It features a procession of floats and fund raising events. The carnival has been an annual event since 1854.
Glastonbury minibus hire provides professional drives that will ensure your comfort and safety. They offer high quality vehicles that are clean and well maintained. Their vehicles are equipped with air conditioning, reclining seats and cup holders. A variety of sizes are also available with seating for as few as four people or up to seventy-two. Minibus hire Glastonbury can provide transportation for all types of functions whether it’s a business meeting, school function, sporting event, or entertainment. They offer a reliable way to travel to weddings, funerals, family reunions or birthday parties. You’ll find professional service for both day and night trips.
Coach hire Glastonbury provides exceptional customer service. They offer fast friendly service when providing a quote and reserving a minibus. The drivers are skilled and trained in helping handicapped passengers. They are punctual so you don’t have to worry about being late for an appointment. If you’re looking for a cheap minibus Glastonbury with quality vehicles and services, you’ll find it here.