Minibus to ascot events
Ascot Racecourse is a racecourse for thoroughbred horse racing in Ascot, Berkshire, England. It's one of the UK's leading racecourses, hosting 13 of the 36 annual Group one horse races in Britain. Ascot Racecourse Ltd owns the course, and it enjoys close connections with the British Royal Family: it's about 6 miles from Windsor Castle.
Today, Ascot stages 26 days of racing throughout the year, comprising 18 flat meetings that take place between May and Oct inclusive. Also, it stages important jump racing during winter. The Royal Meeting held annually in June continues to be a major draw, with The Gold Cup being as its highlight. The most renowned race is called King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes, which is run in July.
Here are some of the popular races that Ascot will stage in 2018:
Minibus to and from Ascot events
- King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes - A Group One flat horse race open to three-year-old horses or older. The race is run across a distance of 4 furlongs and 1 mile. It will take place on Saturday, 28 July.
- The Princess Margaret Stakes - A Group 3 flat horse race open to 2-year-old fillies. It's run across a distance of 1,207 metres (6 furlongs) and scheduled to take place on Saturday, 28 July.
- The Pavilion Stakes - A Group 3 flat horse race open to three-year-old horses. It's run across a distance of 1,207 metres (6 furlongs). The race will be held on Wednesday, 2 May.
- The Victoria Cup - It's a flat handicap horse race open to four-year-old horses. It's run over a distance of 1,408 metres (7 furlongs) and scheduled to take place on Saturday, 12 May.
- The Gold Cup - It's a Group one horse race open to 4-year-old horses. It's run over a distance of 4,014 metres (210 yards) and 2 miles 3 furlongs and will be held on Thursday, 21 June.