Plymouth Minibus Hire
Plymouth Minibus Hire, a member of the National Mini Bus Hire network is pleased to be of service to you in the vibrant coastal city of Plymouth. We can provide minibus hire with driver Plymouth and Plymouth coach hire services for all of your Plymouth day excursions and minibus tours.
PLYMOUTH: BRITAIN’S OCEAN CITY
From its impressive coastal location to its rich nautical history, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that Plymouth calls itself, “Britain’s Ocean City.” Sutton Harbour is one of the city’s most historic spots and features the vibrant area of Barbican which is always enticing for visitors and easily accessible with cheap minibus Plymouth. With more than 12 million visitors gracing the city that was once the home of Sir Francis Drake each year, Plymouth offers plenty of activities in its modern suburbs, large city centre, and bustling harbour. There is certainly no shortage of boat tours!
PLACES TO VISIT
- Plymouth Theatre Royal : The largest provincial producing theatre in the UK showcases some of the best plays from the West End along with occasional Shakespeare productions.
- The Barbican: The Barbican is at the heart of the historic district. Much of old Plymouth has been well preserved featuring quayside pubs and narrow cobbled streets.
- Mayflower Steps : Located near the Barbican, the steps are close to the point where pilgrims set sail aboard the Mayflower in 1620. The historic event is represented by a memorial stone.
- Plymouth Hoe: There is no better place to enjoy a panoramic view of the seafront than Plymouth Hoe. This is a popular spot from which to view the British Firework Championships.
- Royal Citadel : This 17th century stone built fortress was designed to defend the coastline. Although it is still in use by the military, it occasionally opens to the public.
- National Maritime Aquarium : This is a popular attraction for all ages as the deepest aquarium in Europe and the largest located in the United Kingdom.
- Royal Albert Bridge : Spanning the River Tamar Estuary, this bridge is best enjoyed by rail. Wonderful views of Devonport can be enjoyed from the train as it slowly runs across the bridge.
- Plymouth Folk Festival: Enjoy it from various sites around the city (June)
- Drive Live: The city’s largest outdoor motor show with new and vintage models (July)
- World Powerboat Championships: Boats race around Plymouth Sound (August)
- British Fireworks Championships : The city’s most spectacular annual event (August)
- Flavour Fest : A major food festival showcasing local ingredients and cuisine(August)
- Continental Market : Featuring traders from all over Europe (October)
- Christmas Light Up : Enjoy the launch of the city’s festive activities (November)
- Christmas Markets: The Traditional Bavarian Market and Craft Fair is a highlight (November)
Minibus Hire Plymouth has a team of professional drivers waiting to take your group to the many markets and festivals aboard one of our modern Plymouth Minibus and Plymouth Coach Hire vehicles.
There is no shortage of attractions in this vibrant waterfront city with plenty of activities to be enjoyed both inside and outside. From historic landmarks and maritime history in Barbican to spectacular displays of creativity at the British Firework Championships, the city will leave you short of time. Enjoy one of the many tours of the harbour or sample Plymouth’s most delicious export at the Blackfriars Gin Distillery. In the evening, you can enjoy nationally acclaimed entertainment at the Theatre Royal.
Whether you are planning to attend the annual fireworks spectacle, or bringing a group on a day excursion to this vibrant city, our Plymouth minibus company will ensure that you arrive safely and affordably. From minibus tours, to coach hire Plymouth, we are the transportation of choice.