Barnsley Minibus Hire
Barnsley Minibus Hire, a member of the National Mini Bus Hire network is pleased to be of service to you in the historic town of Barnsley. We can provide minibus hire with driver Barnsley and Barnsley coach hire services for all of your Barnsley excursions and Sheffield concerts.
THE MARKET TOWN OF BARNSLEY
Barnsley’s long history as both a mining and market town gives it an advantage over other cities as it offers a number of historical attractions that will be of interest to the visitor. The history can be traced all the way back to the eleventh century. In addition to the historical aspects, visitors to Barnsley will discover a vibrant town center that features a cosmopolitan mix of museums, art galleries, theatres, and cafes. Naturally, there is no shortage of shopping opportunities at the famous seven-hundred-year-old market.
PLACES TO VISIT
- Cannon Hall: Just outside of Barnsley is this magnificent stately home. The house features a museum and the grounds are lovely for wandering in the summer.
- Pot House Hamlet: This boutique attraction is housed in a fifteenth-century mill. There are a number of little shops within and the nearby village is a beautiful setting to explore.
- Elsecar Heritage Centre: This mix of historical buildings is home to shops, cafes, and galleries. A steam railway offers regular rides during the summer and holiday seasons.
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park: Sculptures from famous artists like Henry Moore, Elizabeth Frink, and Barbara Hepworth are on display in this beautiful setting.
- National Coal Mining Museum: About a half hour drive from the town centre is the National Coal Mining Museum. Given Barnsley’s mining history, the museum is worth a visit.
- Wentworth Castle: Near Barnsley is this eighteenth-century castle situated on a six hundred acre park and gardens. It hosts the National Plant Collection of rhododendrons, and magnolias.
- Cawthorne Victoria Jubilee Museum: The nearby village museum opened in 1889 and is home to a natural history collection from the mid-nineteenth century.
- Live in Barnsley: Free Indoor Music Festival (June)
- Coalfields Music Festival: Six stages of music from every genre in a day of entertainment (July)
- Barnsley Fake Festival: Part of the UK’s only touring tribute festival (July)
- Classic Car & Motorcycle Rally: Presented at Cannon Hall Museum (July)
- Barnsley Real Ale Music & Steam Festival: Staged at the Elsecar Heritage Railway Centre (May)
Minibus Hire Barnsley has a team of professional drivers waiting to bring your group to one of the historic and cultural attractions around Barnsley. We can also bring you to one of Sheffield’s many live concerts featuring internationally acclaimed performers aboard one of our modern Barnsley Minibus and Barnsley Coach Hire vehicles.
For the history lover, Barnsley offers a number of historic attractions to explore in one of the most scenic regions of the country. It is home to a vibrant music scene with several music-themed festivals each year. It’s easy to embrace the history and traditions of this city by paying a visit to the seven hundred-year-old market or to the National Coal Mining Museum. For concert lovers, its close proximity to Sheffield makes it a short ride to enjoy some international headline acts.
Whether you are planning a tour to one of the stately homes and nearby villages or you want to enjoy a concert performed by an internationally acclaimed artist, our Barnsley Minibus Company will ensure that you get the best value on your transportation needs. From minibus tours to coach hire Barnsley, we are the transportation of choice.